Detlef Koschny's answers to Frequently asked Questions
The clips are all Quicktime format (.mov) 200-300 KB each
'I keep hearing about the Leonids. What are they?'
- There are other meteor streams, like the Perseids in August. So what's so special about the Leonids?
- I thought that the 'storm' was predicted for 1998. Last year, nothing much happened, except that the maximum occurred one night before the prediction. What was going on?
- So how come that this was not predicted?
- Why are you particularly interested in the Leonids?
- Won't your monitoring also be useful in assessing any risk to spacecraft?
'But why are comets interesting.' .'
What will you do with the data that you collect.